Stage & Production Management Pathway:
Developed and delivered by industry professionals, this vibrant and practical course focuses on Stage and Production Management for the entertainment industry. The excellent facilities and training in The Northbrook Theatre support the acquisition of specialist skills and prepare students for entry to employment. The course offers the opportunity to work across Musical Theatre, Dance and Drama productions as well as live music events and tours.
Why this course at the MET?
- Northbrook Theatre – Professional 180 seat space with extensive technical equipment & fly tower (see web-site for full tech spec)
- External examiners report 2017 “Academic & Industry currency is maintained through staff expertise and specialist interests, external work placements,industry links and contacts.”
- Working with multi-discipline cohort (dance, music, musical theatre, drama)
- Excellent fully equipped rehearsal studios
- Award winning Alumni (SMA)
- Tutors with both professional industry experience and Teacher training qualifications
- Opportunities for students to head departments and manage resources independently
- Outstanding industry links including: Brighton Festival, Glyndebourne Opera Festival, Royal Albert Hall, Chichester Festival Theatre, Royal National Theatre
- EV report 2017 “The performances are strong and demonstrate the rigor & tenacity to withstand the pressures of the professional environment. In particular, the ‘Transformers’ project lead by Production students with ‘ jobbing actors ‘ in support.
- EV report 2017 “The strong employability and entrepreneurial skills fostered throughout the programme.”
Lighting & Sound Design Pathway:
The lighting and sound pathways start by providing an introduction to the skills, techniques, and equipment, used in the entertainment industries across live events and theatre. In the first year the emphasis is on gaining knowledge and experience in order to develop more independent practice and an emphasis on design and leadership in the second year.
Why choose this course at the MET?
● Equipped with the latest digital lighting and sound equipment.
● Etc ION lighting desk
● DiGiCo SD Series Consoles with digital system drive and state of the art WAVES soundgrid systems.
● Large selection of moving lights as well as conventional fixtures.
● 162 seat configurable theatre space with fly tower and scenic flying system.
● Additional large well equipped studio space.
● Selection of truss and chain hoists for rigging for events.
● Roland AV mixer, projectors and video-mapping software available.
● Access to fully equipped workshop for scenery construction.
Work experience/links with employers
Our Theatre department is well known across the Industry. Many of our alumni now offer work experience opportunities as well as employment to students. All students will have the opportunity to undertake a minimum of two weeks of work experience, which will provide invaluable links with local and/or national employers. These include: Chichester Festival Theatre, Royal National Theatre, Royal Opera House, Glyndebourne Festival, Brighton Festival, Kinky Boots, Aladdin, Wicked, Sweeney Todd, Hamilton, Royal Albert Hall, Worthing Theatres and Eastbourne Theatres to name just a few.